Wednesday 28 January 2009

London Boulevard's Hollywood Treatment


I learned something I didn't know from David Thompson's Busted Flush blog. Ken Bruen's London Boulevard will begin filming soon. And guess who's starring in it! Actually, no need to guess. I'll just tell you. They've got Colin Farrell and Keira Knightley.

David quotes Ken; "I'm just delighted... I think the casting is brilliant and the screenplay by Bill Monahan is terrific."

Smashing stuff, eh? Call over to the Busted Flush blog for the skinny on the novel's shining future.

And while you're in the mood for clicking, jump on over to Colman's Crime Cut Celt and read his interview/interrogation with said gentleman of Irish Noir.

Keeping it in the BFP family, the new edition of Reed Farrel Coleman's THE JAMES DEANS features a foreword by Michael Connelly, two short stories featuring Moe Prager and Ken Bruen’s Jack Taylor and a preview of TOWER by Ken Bruen and Reed Farrel Coleman. It is now available from Busted Flush Press. I'll be posting an excellent CSNI interview with Reed Farrel Coleman tomorrow.

So, in the words of Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, "Thank you, come again."


9 comments:

Declan Burke said...

Colin Farrell? Very nice indeed ...

Gerard Brennan said...

Dec - Yup, it's the A-list only for our Ken. Hopefully he gives us a effort on par with his In Bruges performance.

gb

David Thompson said...

He deserved that Golden Globe for IN BRUGES! I think he's perfectly castin LONDON BOULEVARD.

Gerard Brennan said...

David - He certainly did and I can't wait to see London Boulevard.

col2910 said...

chhers mate, Colman

seana graham said...

Oh, I'm there. And I was thrilled about the Golden Globe acclaim too. Although I wish Brendan Gleeson had gotten some individual recognition as well. Because it was the two of them together that really nailed it.

Gerard Brennan said...

Colman - No worries.

Seana - I agree 100%. I thought Gleeson was brilliant, as he has been in many other roles, in my opinion.

Cheers

gb

seana graham said...

I agree with you on
Gleeson's general excellence.

Alan Harris said...

cheers mate, great post. Alan.