Wednesday 20 May 2009

Blogspot Payback - Internet Noir


Although David Torrans came up with the title for this post, I don't think he'll mind me using it. You see, I'm writing to inform you that David has put his collection of first editions on the shelves at No Alibis. And what a collection! I knew this day was coming, but I decided to keep a lid on it until I could get to the shop and get my pick of the bunch. I found three books and paid a ridiculously low price... on the understanding that David would receive "Blogspot Payback." It's a nice little phrase, innit? Anyway, if you can, get thee to No Alibis! There's a tonne of great books just waiting to be snaffled.

So, what did I take home yesterday?

The Killing of the Tinkers by Ken Bruen (US signed first edition)


Dispatching Baudelaire by Ken Bruen (UK and Ireland first edition)


The Sad Case of Harpo Higgins by Eugene McEldowney (UK and Ireland first edition)


Oh, and I picked up one Peter Rozovsky at No Alibis as well. Removed him from the premises before the temptation of a smash and grab took hold of him. Calmed him with a trip to Dundrum Castle and some Chinese food. Not a bad day, it has to be said.

8 comments:

Michael Stone said...

Hmmm, signed hardbacks.

Peter Rozovsky said...

I paid for every book I removed from the premises.
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com

Gerard Brennan said...

Mike - "Hmmm, signed hardbacks." ... and Chinese food, hmmmmm.

Peter - The books, yeah, you paid for those. But the artwork that wasn't for sale... admit it, you considered thievery.

gb

Uriah Robinson said...

Gerard, I am surprised you recognised Peter without the beard!

Gerard Brennan said...

Norm - Luckily, he was still wearing his Crimefest name tag, otherwise, I might have sailed on past him.

Cheers

gb

Peter Rozovsky said...

No, I said I would be a prime suspect if a break-in happened. I didn't say I would be the thief. You'd best be careful, what with those strict libel laws in the UK.

Gerard Brennan said...

Peter - You can be a little bit scary, can't you? And that's not libel. Your last comment's the proof.

Cheers

gb

Peter Rozovsky said...

First time in my life I've ever been accused of being scary. Thanks, mate.
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com