Monday 11 January 2010

Word from Ian Sansom


From Ian Sansom's newsletter...

Dear friend/former friend/acquaintance/colleague/distant family member/reader/person who-once-signed-up-to-the-very-irregular-email list-and-never-heard-a-thing,

Sorry to bother you, but I thought you might like to know that the new Mobile Library book is about to be published. (Frankly, if I didn't tell you, it's unlikely news of it would reach you).

The Bad Book Affair tells the unlikely story of a Unionist politician trying to make a comeback after a scandal involving sex and money.

Actually, that's no longer unlikely - it's happening! In the next book I am going to predict the National Lottery winning numbers.

Anyway. Israel rides, grumpily, again. He's nearly 30. He is reading David Foster Wallace.

There are rumours of a BBC tv series based on the books. You'll be the first to know should it all work out.

Here is a link to Amazon. In the UK. Other retailers are available.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bad-Book-Affair-Mobile-Library/dp/0007255934/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263217270&sr=1-1

The book is published by Harper Collins, UK and USA. If you are German, Norwegian, Italian or Norwegian, translations are coming soon - but you could always buy the English version and use it as a parallel text.

There. That's all my publicity done for another year.

Belated New Year greetings.

I remain, etc.,

Ian Sansom

www.iansansom.net

6 comments:

Tony Bailie said...

Does Ian run a coffee shop in his spare time by any chance?
Great timing

seana graham said...

I've been intrigued by Sansom for awhile now. If these are as funny as they seem they might be, I guess I'd better bump them up the list.

Anonymous said...

Now I get it. That £5,000 was to cover unpaid library fines.

Gerard Brennan said...

Tony - Excellent timing, isn't it? No wonder there's TV company interest.

Seana - Do bump him up the list. I promise you won't regret it. I'm very much looking forward to The Bad Book Affair.

Blackwatertown - Hahaha! By God, I think you've nailed it.

Cheers

gb

Peter Rozovsky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter Rozovsky said...

Is this whole Robinsons' affair part of the publicity for the book? Effing brilliant!
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/