Thursday 26 July 2012

Christ-Like

The Sweety Bottle -- my granda's shebeen circa 1974

And as of today I'm the same age Jesus was when he was crucified. Kinda freaky because the next book I release through Blasted Heath takes the piss out of religion a little bit... It's all in good fun, though. Hopefully it won't inspire a lynch mob.

Anyway, my 33rd year is off to a great start. I'm almost done with my creative writing MA and I found out last week that the play I wrote with my da, The Sweety Bottle, has received major funding from the Arts Council of Northern Ireland. This means an all Ireland tour in 2013 with the best actors Brassneck Theatre Company can hire. It's going to be so awesome.

And I'm off work tomorrow. Tonight I will mostly be working on tomorrow's hangover.

Happy birthday to me.

4 comments:

seana graham said...

Happy Birthday, GB. Sounds like the year is off to a good start!

Declan Burke said...

They are not made whole that reach the age of Christ ...

Congrats, squire. Many happy returns.

Peter Rozovsky said...

I hope your 33rd year turns out better than His did, Congratulations.

JamTheCat said...

So cool about the play, and congrats on the birthday. Hope you didn't kill too many brain cells.